"This being human is a guest house.
Every morning a new arrival...
Welcome and entertain them all!”
What is Interfaith Ministry?
Interfaith ministry honors & respects the truth & holiness in all faith traditions, the Mystery of the Divine & every individual’s expression of that. It provides a space for individual and community expression of love, inclusivity, trust & compassion, for all of the richness that life brings.
Shelley is an ordained interfaith minister who believes that all love is great love, that every aspect of life, the joys and the sorrows, can be honored in special ways. She has a gift for developing and leading specialized ceremonies of all types and for creating meaningful and special connection, in life’s ordinary and special moments.
There is no need to have a specific faith background to work with an interfaith minister.
Shelley will help you create a special, personalized & meaningful ceremony, reflective of your personality, beliefs and traditions - unique for you. Contact Shelley for a complimentary in-person, Zoom or telephone meeting to discuss your preferences for any ceremony.
* A customized ceremony that is created with you, to reflect your personality, beliefs and desires.
* Initial meeting and follow up to customize your ceremony (in Southington or over zoom)
* As much communication as needed, via email, phone or Zoom.
* Support in developing personal vows to one another, if desired.
* Suggestions for readings and rituals, if desired.
* Rehearsal, if requested.
* Wedding celebration
* A calming, genuine, professional presence to support you leading up to and on the day of your ceremony.
* Shelley will file your official marriage license, to the County Clerk of Record.
*Additional fees may be applicable for travel or special ceremony requests.
Birthday or anniversary celebrations
Preparing for births or deaths
End of life support for individuals or their loved ones
Support with any of life’s rituals & passages
Other Ceremony Fees:
To be negotiated: depending on time, focus, travel, etc. Ceremony & hourly rates are comparable with wedding rate & Spiritual Direction rates.