Reverend Shelley Nyren is a spiritual leader who strongly believes in the body-mind-spirit connection and the practice of compassion as a guiding principle. Yoga, pranayama, meditation and connection with others are essential tools that help her find freedom, one day at a time, from her lifelong struggle with food & weight and to cultivate serenity in her body & mind.
Shelley is a Certified Spiritual Director with a private practice of clients (In person & on Zoom) and is an Ordained Interfaith Minister. She helps create and lead special Memorial services, weddings, baby blessings and other sacred ceremonies. Shelley has a warm, casual, open and enthusiastic style. She believes change is hard, but is made easier with support. She believes in celebrating the richness of life, in the extraordinary and seemingly ordinary moments.
Shelley has led yoga and meditation retreats in the U.S. & Costa Rica and is skilled in developing and leading ceremonies of all types. She loves connecting with those who are curious to help themselves, commemorating life’s special moments, nature, animals & day trips. She lives with her husband Steve and 2 cats in Southington, CT.
Education and Certifications
• Certified Spiritual Director, Mercy Center, Madison CT
• Ordained Interfaith Minister, OUnI
• E-YRT 500 yoga teacher, Yoga Alliance
• Past Assistant director & a lead teacher in the 200 & 300
CrossRoads Yoga Teacher Training program in Plantsville CT
• Occupational Therapist, over 30 years of experience
• Shelley has a strong background in 12 Step recovery & honors faith traditions and seekers of all types
• Member, Spiritual Directors International
When will you begin that long journey into yourself?”